A good prequalification from a local lender has numerous advantages that will make sure that you end up with the best possible home buying experience
- You will be able to tap into a local team with local knowledge to make sure everyone in the process supports your needs
- We will listen to you and help you make sure that you buy the house that makes the most sense for you
- The relationship we build will make sure that you are informed, in charge of the decision making process, and end up as your lender for life
- Local credibility and accountability in the marketplace will add credibility to your offer, saving you time, money and making your offer the most attractive
If you are reading this and thinking about buying your home then you know that the process to buy a home can be confusing, bewildering and overwhelming. Walking through that process with our team will help you make sure that you have a lender that knows the area, has a great team in place, will listen to you to help you get the home and mortgage that works best for you, with an attractive offer that stands out to the seller.
Why does local knowledge matter when looking to buy a home?
Most people reading this blog will either be first time home buyers, or will not have bought a house very recently in their market area. If you are just starting to think about buying a house you might not know any of the following:
- What realtor might be able to best serve you
- What inspector should you trust to tell you about the home you are thinking about buying
- Who can be relied upon to help make sure you don’t pay too much money or buy the wrong home for you
- What school system would be the best fit for your family… Now? In the future?
- What is special about your area that you ought to know?
When you talk to our team for a prequalification you get the benefit of our entire team. We will listen to you and offer our experience in helping match you with the rest of our team we’ve created, to make sure you have an awesome experience.
I don’t really need to talk to a human do I? Wouldn’t it make more sense to just text or talk to a computer?
Maybe. There are plenty of things that computers and programs and technology help us with and do really well. We have a ton of tech to make us better in the process. But, anyone that is buying a home for the first time or first time in a while should sit down and talk to a professional. I’m going to ask you questions about yourself to make sure I am able to give you all the options to choose from so you can make the choice that makes sense for you. You don’t deserve to be talked down to or confused with industry jargon. Instead, talk to someone who will find out what your hopes, dreams, goals and desires are, and help you come up with the plan that works best for you.
Why do I want a relationship with my mortgage lender?
It’s not necessary, of course. You can work with a one size fits all lender, but we are going to do all of the following for you (at no charge) at the beginning of your loan:
- Have a conversation with you so that we can present options for you to find out what works best for you
- Analyze your credit and give you access to all your information and tell you if you need to improve your credit and if so how to do that
- Provide solid and guaranteed estimate of what costs will be associated with your mortgage.
- Have a conversation anytime you want where we tell you what your payment will be on any house you are thinking about looking at (Note- your payment can vary wildly, especially in Texas, even with the same purchase price depending upon the home)
- Call the listing agent to tell them just how awesome you are as a buyer
- Let the listing agent know we have 100% 5 star reviews, close 96.2% of our deals we write a prequal on, and close 93.1% of our deals on time or early (have only ever been late on 1 closing where we had 26 days or more from contract to close).
- Proactively call you, every week during the looking process, to see if there are any questions we can answer for you
- Be available nights and weekends to speak with anyone that needs to get in touch with us
- Personal accountability from all of the above so that everyone involved in the process knows that you are a super star buyer who will make things happen
- Someone that will analyze every line on the closing disclosure with you, so that you know who provided what service, why they did so, and that you got the best value possible for your money.
We will do all of this- during the prequalification process, for free, to make sure that you get the deal you deserve. After the mortgage we will make sure that we help you with all of the following:
- Analyze your tax appraisal to see if it makes sense or we can help save you money
- Remind you to file your homestead exemption after the first of the year
- Invite you to cool customer appreciation events we have (Baseball games, movie theaters, dinners etc)
- Remind you to let your lender know when it’s time to get rid of your PMI (or when you can opt out early)
- Make sure you have a yearly check in on the status of your house and if you are still in the program or loan that makes the most sense for you
- Answer any question, at any time, about your transaction, even months and years after we’ve helped you buy your house.
Why does it matter who I get my prequalification letter from to the seller?
Think of this from the sellers perspective. They are selling their most valuable asset. They are, quite possibly, relying upon the sale of this house to fund their move to another house, maybe on the same day you are buying their house! They have a ton of money and emotional investment on making sure you actually close and close on time.
When I give a seller a letter that says we will close you on time my personal credibility is on the line. Everyone can be sure that we will be transparent, accountable and communicative throughout the entire process, so that no one gets surprised by anything at the closing table. Making sure you close on time saves everyone time, money and stress and makes the home buying process so much better.
I would love to have a conversation with you if you are thinking about buying a home. We will help you plug into our network. We will listen to you. We will do a ton of stuff to get your ready to buy a home and let you know exactly how much money you can spend in qualifying for your home. And we will give your offer credibility that the seller will love.